Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Here we are again!





October 7th 2008,
WOW does time fly when you work yourself senseless!!
Okay so I haven’t had a chance to update, too drunk and too many renovations.
We had a chance to head over to my family’s place in Bakonysarkony, then over to the Mor wine festivals.. We left early Sunday morning, got to my Aunt Ili’s place in time for lunch, (which was duck, hand raised, organic, free range, beautiful creatures, especially from god to our very eagerly awaiting bellies!! Ha ha!) It was funny, she called and asked when we can visit. How about the day after tomorrow? I said, um , is that enough time to kill a duck! For the record, exactly enough time. So if you come here and visit my Ili Neni, give an extra days notice for the best duck you have ever tasted! There was other food too but I couldn’t see past the bird.
Okay the Wine Festival! We got there in time for the parade, walked straight up to town square where a huge church has been for hundreds of years with a statue of some famous dead guy, I didn’t catch the name of. Little vendors sold Hungarian relics, home grown paprika and wood carved toys. Then on the main drag down to the city’s park, were stalls selling their home made wines and palinkas! Palinka is the Hungarian version of Finish Vodka. Comes in different flavours, like medgy (sour cherry, my fave), plum, apricot, gooseberry, strawberry. Its not sweet at all, and the burn is what relieves the flavour. Its good stuff. My cousin Peter poured the drink down our throats and treated us to one of my best adventures to date. Thank god mom and my aunt Ili were there to help us staggering folk with our kids. We must have lost mom and Ili in the 10 thousand other drunk people at least 5 times. It’s a miracle I didn’t loose Alfonz. The kids had fun too. Horse back riding, horse drawn carriage rides, snake charmers, fried bread called Langos, oven baked breads, bumper cars, trampoline jumping, huge slides, roller coasters…..the list does not end…From 3:30-10:00 we did not stop moving or drinking. We managed to get home somehow, just to eat and then go out again to a real low end bar. The walk was worth the fresh air then home to eat again…. Thank you Bakonysarakony, you never disappoint!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment