Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer is finally here 2010


Wow what a day! Hot steam off pavement, whittling flowers in the sun, sweaty friends stopping by for a drink, and my favourite; tired kids resting in their rooms while I have a moment of peace.
Made roast duck for Tracy's 40th dinner and the weather turned hot so fast I almost threw the duck in the BBQ! Could you have imagined the disaster!

SInce my last entry we have been waiting for a change in the weather. Endless straight days of rain, grey clouds and gloom. I guess we can stop building the arch for now.
July 5th starts it off and we finally feel good summer heat.

I often wonder where life goes from here. The perfect neighbourhood, 2 wonderful lively children, a garden I love (thanks Alfonz and Adrian) and people around me I learn from continually. But did I miss something? Are we settling for an ideal to pacify ourselves from the world we live in. With all these crazy things happening around us, I often wonder if we are doing enough. Yes we recycle, and reuse, conserve, blah blah, blah but are those to keep us off the real track? Did we miss something so big we can not even imagine it?

For now I garden. Tomorrow we will see were the path takes us. Bigger life changing moments I am sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment